Home and School Association
The success of every child is dependent upon the cooperation of the school and family. Through this cooperation, the child learns the value of education. As the school and family work together, the child is nurtured in a way that allows for positive growth in intellect as well as physical, social, emotional, moral, and spiritual development. The Home and School Association is the vehicle for parents to participate in the school through Volunteer Hours and Fund Raising activities.
Please click on the link below for the HSA 2015-2016 Parent Handbook:
HSA Parent Handbook
2017 HSA ELECTIONS!
The 2017 HSA Officer election process is now underway! The nominations process is complete and elections will begin soon for our 2 vacant positions on the HSA Executive Board: Vice President and Treasurer. With the right people filling these positions, we can maintain the academic and spiritual quality of education provided here at Saint Ambrose School. The HSA Vice President and Treasurer duties are provided below for your review.
Any nominee who accepts the nomination will be asked to electronically submit a short biography (w/photograph-optional) that will be distributed to eligible voters. Once all the biographies for the nominees have been collected, the electronic ballots will be generated in Survey Monkey with the names & biographies of the nominees. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Nominations Committee at email@example.com .
Saint Ambrose families will be notified when the voting link is 'open' for official election voting. As in the past, each Saint Ambrose family will receive one official ballot sent home via the Thursday folder. Again this year, each family will receive ONE Voting Ticket. Please keep this Voting Ticket secure as it will include your family's unique identifier number to allow you to cast your vote. The electronic voting system will be configured so that each voting family will have to enter their ticket number into the system to cast their vote. In order to maintain the integrity of this process, Voting Tickets cannot be replaced if lost or misplaced.
Below you will find a timeline of important dates for this year’s election process.
|Distribute nominations info & nominations email address||February 23, 2017|
|Final day to submit nominations @ 11:45 pm||March 16, 2017|
|Final Day to submit nominee biography||March 30, 2017|
|Distribute Voting Ticket - open voting link @ 3:00 p.m.||April 27, 2017|
|Voting link closes @ 11:45 pm||May 14, 2017|
|Announce Newly Elected Officers-HSA Meeting & Beeline||May 18, 2017|
|Support Transition of Newly Elected Officers||June 1, 2017 through June 15, 2017|
HSA OFFICER DUTIES
***Taken from Article VI of the Saint Ambrose Home & School By-Laws
Article VI. Officers and Duties:
- The officers of the Association shall consist of: President, Vice-President, Secretary,
- The duties of the officers shall be defined as follows:
- Assist the President and perform those duties designated by the President, and in the absence of the President, assume the duties of the President;
- Assist in the formation of and serve as an ex-officio member of all committees;
- Ensure that all committees achieve their goals, and report the results and recommendations to the Association;
- Oversee the review and/or revision of the by-laws every three years;
- Maintain and/or update his/her respective section of the procedures
- Perform any other duties as required of this office.
The Treasurer shall:
- Collect and deposit all monies received through fundraising and contributions;
- Maintain records of all receipts and disbursements;
- Review and recommend payment of bills;
- Make available monthly bank reconciliation and balance sheets at each general meeting;
- Take the leadership role in the development of the Association’s budget;
- Prepare an income and expense statement on a quarterly basis;
- Maintain and/or update his/her respective section of the procedures manual; and
HSA Meeting Notes:
HSA Meeting- 9/22/2016
Support St. Ambrose School through your purchases at Giant and Target